Donít make plans on Saturday October 14th because you will be attending a huge popular event about African culture. Itís the 4th time Africa on the Square returns to Trafagar Square in Westminster, London.
Last year, 25,000 people attended this carnival that celebrates African arts and culture. The best thing is that itís all free of charge, the carnival being organized by the Mayor of London for Black History Month 2017. The event takes place between 12 – 6 pm. Moreover, you can enter the race for a £200 cash prize if you are talented enough to perform in front of thousands of people.
How to enter the Youth Music Talent Show
You can sing alone, in duos or in small groups. There are several criteria you must meet in order to apply:
– Be of African descent or be able to sing/play African inspired music
– Be aged 16-25
– Be available on October 14th between 12 – 6 pm.
You should know that Africa on the Square is a family event, so you are not allowed to include sexual content or references, bad language and lyrics that infer or explicitly denote violence. If you are under 18 years old, you have to get parental consent.
So, how do you apply?
First of all, itís free to compete. Send the following to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org:
– A link to a video of yourself performing live, even though itís recorded at home
– A link to the original song
– A brief description of yourself (300 words max) where you include contact information
– A photo of the act
– A signed media release form that all applicants receive.
The best 2 applicants will be granted the opportunity to perform live at Trafagar Square. On the day of the competition, the audience will choose the winner who walks away with £200.